Friday, January 14, 2011

I do not like Steel Hooks, Sam I Am. I do not like then on a train or on a plane or on my couch.

Yeouch!   Steel hooks.   How do Grandma's across the world crochet doilies with these puppies?   My young-ish hands had a heckuva time not cramping up permanently just from one single doll dress.

And lemme tell ya...a single American Girl doll dress takes a loooooooooooooooooooong time when made with a teeny weeny, itsby bitsy steel crochet hook.

But it sure is pretty with its tiny little stitches, isnt it? 



I read a review on Ravelry that it was tight even with a bigger hook, so I upsized to a 2.00 (as opposed to the recommended 1.75) and its a bit loose on the doll.   But I was able to skip 3 rounds of the skirt, since my "boss" told me it was long enough. 

The back is a little crooked, as it took me a little while to get used to the interesting method for the sleeves, which involved crocheting the right angles into the row.  Once I caught on, I liked it.   Better than making the sleeves separately and sewing them on later.



Once my hands uncramp, I may attempt the hat, but for the panties, I will stick with my sewing machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment