Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cute Easy Gift idea


An invitation to a Birthday party of one of my daughter's friends was a perfect opportunity to make something cute and fun.     I've been eyeing this cute Tic Tac Toe game pattern, but made a few changes. 

  • Well first, color.   I had to girly it up.
  • I made the front and back both approx. 9x9 squares.   I didn't like the idea of piecing together 9 little small squares to make the front.  I just crocheted single crochet rows on top of the pink to make the divisions.   Pretty easy.   
  • I left one end open when I sewed front and back together, as a pocket to hold the pieces. 
  • Instead of X's and O's, I made flowers and leaves



I wasn't sure if the gift needed explanation or not, but luckily my daughter was right there at the moment of present opening and announced loudly..."ITS A TIC TAC TOE GAME!!!"  Mom seemed worried that it was fragile, but I assured her that all my crocheted creations are kid tested and well handled during the manufacturing process, so no worries.  


2 comments:

  1. This is so very cool!! You're so talented ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cool!! You're so talented ❤

    ReplyDelete