Monday, June 13, 2011

The next three installments in the Square of The Month Club

I lost interest in my son's 12 Months of the Year lapghan project because I got utterly bogged down by May & June and had no idea what to do for those nondescript months.   I recently dug out my first 4 months of squares and remembered how much I liked 3 of them, so I buckled down and knocked out the next 2 months.   I decided to go with a mother's day and father's day theme.   May flowers and June baseball.  Not that *this* mother loves flowers very much, but it was a better symbol than trying to crochet "sleeping in" or "a clean house" or "take my van to get detailed" which are much better Mother's Day gifts than flowers.   Blooming Granny Pattern.



For the baseball square, I used this pattern, but just made a solid circle in the middle (18dc, 36dc, 54dc, 72dc) so I ended up with the 72 needed to pick up row 5.  I wanted to use navy for the blue, but finding navy cotton is much harder than it should be.   I think the denim looks ok.  I really like the overall look of this square (except my uneven ball stitching) and maybe one day, I will attempt a multi-sports blankie. 

For April, which I think I actually completed back in April, I was going for an "easter eggs in a basket" look but I don't love it.  I may re-do it.  I may not.   All I can say about that is the pattern writer made a blanket from that Yo Yo Square pattern with like 750 of these Yo-Yo's.  That's lunacy!   I mean, it looks awesome...but dude...that's a lotta repetition.

Here's the link to the first 3 months of squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment