Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cheating on my yarn

Being snowed in brings out the creative in me.  Too bad the bored kids squelch that creative every chance they get.   But finally, on day 3 of the GREAT SNOW IN of 2011, I ordered my husband in charge of the sledding adventures and I sat down in front of my dusty old sewing machine, a sad neglected old girl since I discovered crochet. While sewing is my first love, I just can't beat crochet for being able to pick it up and put it down 100 times a day while also taking care of kids, house, school, etc.   Sewing requires more of a...committment. 

But while I trudged into day 6 of a crocheted American Girl dress, I realized that sewing definitely had some advantages of its own.   Add in the fact that I am way to cheap to spend the money on AG clothes for the doll and my girl...it was time to sew.

So here we have a $0.99 McCall's pattern + stash fabric + $2 Tshirt from Joann's for my daughter = Matchy Matchy Pj's and a super happy 5 yr old!


And just for good measure, here's my younger with her AG doll.  I got this matchy set deeply discounted on Cyber Monday and still paid probably $30 for both.  


No comments:

Post a Comment