Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Something cute

I'm making a concerted effort this month to use only on-hand yarn.  It's been a bit of a challenge - of all things white has been my nemesis and I have been untangling errant piles of white yarn just to complete projects.  But it feels good to see some space developing in my yarn drawers.  Will the day come when I am not stuffing yarn in between my table and the couch when guests come over just to get it out of sight?  Perhaps. 

So in the spirit of stash-busting, I wanted to make a little something to throw in a package for our friend in the Netherlands.   I had this lovely blue yarn that was nice and soft.  I found a pattern that was lightweight and spring-y and added a flower for pizazz. 



Unfortunately, this lovely hat fits my 3 yr old perfectly.   So no matter how much experience I get with crochet, I still cannot seem to size a hat to save my life.   



1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's you, I think it's the pattern. Note that there's no gauge given. The newborn hats I make are 40 sts around with worsted weight yarn & an H hook. That hat's only 60 sts around. The person who wrote that pattern is either the world's loosest crocheter or has microcephaly.

    ReplyDelete